502OFFROAD.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GETTIN' DIRTY IN THE 'VILLE

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"  1-16  Merchandise  Local Junkyards  Local Offroad Parks  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
CHECK OUT OUR NEW ONLINE STORE UNDER THE "MERCHANDISE" LINK AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE!!
Like us on Facebook!

Add to Favorites

Latest topics
» Any one on here ?
Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"  Empty8th March 2015, 4:57 pm by Jason y

» Trail Rated lol
Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"  Empty11th November 2013, 2:40 am by Legg

Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"  Empty11th November 2013, 2:34 am by Legg

» 38.5x15x15 bogger 200.00
Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"  Empty13th July 2013, 11:07 am by 72Blazerracer

» Slower-poke Build. 98 ZJ 5.9 Limited
Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"  Empty2nd July 2013, 3:01 pm by gs69350

» FREE T-SHIRT
Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"  Empty15th April 2013, 1:07 pm by gs69350

» My Solid Axle Swap build
Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"  Empty7th April 2013, 8:18 pm by fishforlife2007

» stripping an xj lol
Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"  Empty7th April 2013, 8:04 pm by fishforlife2007

» LJOC's Guns N Jeeps Meet
Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"  Empty7th April 2013, 3:22 pm by ZJ_flexxxer

» Black Betty, my 95 YJ Build thread
Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"  Empty2nd April 2013, 9:48 pm by ZJ_flexxxer

Top posting users this month
No user
Your ad here!

Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ZJ_flexxxer
Admin
ZJ_flexxxer

Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"  Empty
PostSubject: Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"    Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"  Empty22nd July 2012, 12:56 pm

Quoted from DTOR's Facebook page...

"Join DTOR Saturday Aug 4th, as we celebrate the birth of the offroad rig. Aug 8th 1941 first Jeep was rolled of the line.
I've been told this area is Yota country....let's settle it Aug 4th. Jeep vs. Yota. The group with the biggest turnout will each receive a day pass to DTOR! That's right, if 100 Jeeps show up and 90 Yotas show up, I'm giving 100 passes to Jeepers.
The park will be open to EVERY rig, and if you don't own a Jeep or Yota, you can vote which group you think should win that day.
So is it JEEP or TOYOTA? See you all on the 4th of Aug to decide!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.502mudtrucks.com
gs69350

gs69350

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"    Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"  Empty26th July 2012, 9:42 pm

Why can't this be on a Sunday?!?!?

Back to top Go down
ZJ_flexxxer
Admin
ZJ_flexxxer

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"    Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"  Empty26th July 2012, 9:50 pm

would definitely work out better for me on sunday too but i'm still gonna try my best to make it. i've already put in vacation for next week to work on the jeeps and get the zj ready.
Back to top Go down
K-SKI

K-SKI

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"    Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"  Empty26th July 2012, 9:57 pm

i would go but the wife said that we need to wait till we have 2 cars instead of just the jeep
Back to top Go down
K-SKI

K-SKI

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"    Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"  Empty3rd August 2012, 7:00 pm

ok so i talked the wife in to going to dtor on saterday anybody else going im meeting a friend off cherokeeforum.com in muldraugh at 8 and heading up to zorn ave (at the water tower) and meeting up with some guys from louisville kentucky jeep owners club at 9 and convoying up from there
Back to top Go down
ZJ_flexxxer
Admin
ZJ_flexxxer

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"    Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"  Empty3rd August 2012, 7:10 pm

i'm trying to make it, but having all kinds of trouble.

between needing a tow rig, trailer, and now trying to put a water pump in the zj idk if i'll make it or not. i've been trying like hell but seems like somethings always there to set me back again
Back to top Go down
K-SKI

K-SKI

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"    Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"  Empty3rd August 2012, 11:38 pm

if you get the water pump in you cant drive it??
Back to top Go down
ZJ_flexxxer
Admin
ZJ_flexxxer

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"    Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"  Empty4th August 2012, 3:19 pm

No tags, no insurance, and there wouldnt be any tread left in the front tires by the time I got there. It needs control arm bushings badly, so the caster/camber is off and wears the tires on the street.
Back to top Go down
toasteronwheels

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"    Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"  Empty5th August 2012, 12:12 am

I went today, and it was awesome. I would have posted some pics, but Im not allowed to post links for 7 days according the the error I recieved. So Ill post next week.

A few are from June, but most are from today. I didnt get any good video, but will once I get a dash mount for the camera.

Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"  Imag0510
Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"  Imag0511

Last edited by toasteronwheels on 5th August 2012, 11:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ZJ_flexxxer
Admin
ZJ_flexxxer

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"    Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"  Empty5th August 2012, 11:23 pm

yes you have to wait a week after signing up to post links, just a security measure to keep spammers from using bots to post phony links all over the forum.

sorry about that, there's no way i can speed up the process. please post them up asap.

not sure, if you try to post them anyway. i may be able to go in and edit your post to show them. give it a try if you like
Back to top Go down
toasteronwheels

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"    Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"  Empty5th August 2012, 11:47 pm

ZJ_flexxxer wrote:
yes you have to wait a week after signing up to post links, just a security measure to keep spammers from using bots to post phony links all over the forum.

sorry about that, there's no way i can speed up the process. please post them up asap.

not sure, if you try to post them anyway. i may be able to go in and edit your post to show them. give it a try if you like

No problem, and your idea worked. Thanks
Back to top Go down
K-SKI

K-SKI

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"    Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"  Empty6th August 2012, 12:36 am

some pix from the DTOR
Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"  427049_4502974061251_822045959_n

thats me first in line and toasteronwheels third we were out with Louisville Jeep Owners Club (LJOC)
Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"  526637_4502975421285_1046185400_n

Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"  480324_4502980061401_368435741_n

Remarkably the trails that i went on i didnt have a problem on and im not locked or lifted and i have bald tires

flexxer i did see a jeep that is in he header pic the black with green lower end saw him when i was leaving didnt say anything to him to far away
Back to top Go down
K-SKI

K-SKI

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"    Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"  Empty6th August 2012, 12:43 am

ZJ_flexxxer wrote:
No tags, no insurance, and there wouldnt be any tread left in the front tires by the time I got there. It needs control arm bushings badly, so the caster/camber is off and wears the tires on the street.

got ya good reasons, for some reason i thought this might be a dd or part time dd
Back to top Go down
ZJ_flexxxer
Admin
ZJ_flexxxer

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"    Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"  Empty6th August 2012, 11:13 am

K-SKI wrote:
ZJ_flexxxer wrote:

got ya good reasons, for some reason i thought this might be a dd or part time dd

haha yea it actually used to be. no doors and all, but once i let the tags expire and dropped the insurance it's just too much of a risk. i trust myself not to get in an accident, but it kinda draws too much attention to slide by a cop with bad tags,etc
Back to top Go down
ZJ_flexxxer
Admin
ZJ_flexxxer

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"    Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"  Empty6th August 2012, 11:16 am

K-SKI wrote:
some pix from the DTOR

thats me first in line and toasteronwheels third we were out with Louisville Jeep Owners Club (LJOC)

Remarkably the trails that i went on i didnt have a problem on and im not locked or lifted and i have bald tires

flexxer i did see a jeep that is in he header pic the black with green lower end saw him when i was leaving didnt say anything to him to far away

nice pics, and yea that blue jeep is my buddy matt. i would have been riding with them had i been there saturday. they told me it was really dry down there sat which is kinda unbelievable with all the rain we got friday. as long as it's dry, your little xj will surprise you at how many places it can go down there.
Back to top Go down
K-SKI

K-SKI

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"    Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"  Empty6th August 2012, 1:45 pm

ZJ_flexxxer wrote:
K-SKI wrote:
some pix from the DTOR

nice pics, and yea that blue jeep is my buddy matt. i would have been riding with them had i been there saturday. they told me it was really dry down there sat which is kinda unbelievable with all the rain we got friday. as long as it's dry, your little xj will surprise you at how many places it can go down there.

yea i cant wait till i can get lifted. we took what i was told was the parimiter we were at the water fall and took a trail just pased it and it was crazy i didnt think i could make it but it did and we even passed a nother group on the trail wich i didnt think i could do after watching a lifted wrangler do it and have to crawl up the side of the embankment i can barly go through the little ditch in my back yard but some how i made it never spun and never got stuck even in the mud i did scrape my crossmember and rub a rocker
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"    Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"  Empty

Back to top Go down

Dirty Turtle's "Jeep vs. Toyota"
Page 1 of 1